Question

Inventory Transaction value may not be zero

• 16 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

We are new in IFS and when we trying to report picking in shipment, we getting en error;

“The value of the inventory transaction may not be 0 for part xxx on site xxx”

When i look at the inventory part’s cost section for this material, the unit cost field is not empty or equal zero. 

Could you help me how can i fix this issue?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi, would it be possible for you to share a screenshot of the 'Costs' tab and 'Misc Part Info’ tab of this Inventory Part?

Regards,

Arunalu

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hello,

you can see screenshots in attachment. When i changed “Zero Cost” to Allowed, it works. But i don’t know that is this the right way? by default, “Zero Cost” was set to Forbidden.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hello! Looks like you’re using weighted average pricing in combination with part cost level as cost per part. Is there any particular reason for that? Usually, best practice is to use either cost per lot batch/serial along with weighted average as it calculates the actual costs. 

You can go ahead with the current set up by allowing zero costs along with the WA set up so there’s nothing inherently wrong with that set up. Generally, the system requires that the part be cost calculated and has a standard cost. By allowing zero cost, exceptions from that rule can be made. If so, cost accounting for inventory movements of this part will receive a zero value. 

Hope this helps!.