Solved

History log - View other users' transactions -administrator privilege

• 20 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hello,

My customer has several business bases where users require to monitor some changes made on some tables. (Design office : keep track DOP structure & routing modifications for example).

I know that table tracking can be enabled with Hisoty log configuration screen.

However, to see every users’ modifications there is a need to have the Administrator privilege enabled, even if we use quick reports or lobby elements to display the log data.

==> What does granting this privilege to a “normal” (Design office, quality manager, Operations manager, ...) end-user mean in terms of system behavior and accesses ?

==> I saw in a diferent post that IAL could be used as a workaround : is it still meant to be deprecated ?

System : IFS Cloud Aurena 22R2

icon

Best answer by Marcel.Ausan 20 February 2024, 16:01

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@ArcPierreL at below location you can read more about the exact acces that ADMINISTRATOR system privilege will grant.

System Privileges - Technical Documentation For IFS Cloud

In addition, I can also confirm that ADMINISTRATOR access will also give access to all the PDFs in Reports Archive printed by all users. So, if there are confidential docs that they shouldn’t see then giving them ADMINISTRATOR is not a good idea.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Ok, thank you for this clarification.

I understand that if the user’s permission set does not grant access to report archive, there is no risk of granting Administrator privilege (sensitive data from finance would therefore not be accessible).

(As long as screen projections are not granted to permission set, the risk of seeing extra data is very limited).