Solved

Finite Scheduling back to back shop operations on same shop order

• 4 November 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Attempting to schedule operations using the advanced planning board. Ops 10 and 20 on each shop order are routed to the same work center. I would like to schedule these operations back to back and complete both operations before moving to a different shop order. 

The APB is scheduling operation 10 from one order, then operation 10 from another order, then back to operation 20 on the original, then 20 on the next and so on.

Is there a way to influence scheduling to complete both operations on one order before moving on to the next order? 

icon

Best answer by Saman K 17 December 2021, 10:54

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi

If you did not specify any dispatch list ( I this case I assume you are trying to schedule the work center), the scheduling logic will schedule operations without any sort order. In that case the behavior that you have seen may happen. 

Ex. SO1, Op1, OP2  

SO2, Op1, Op2

if you want to schedule the operations in an sequence that the work center finishes all the operations from one SO and then switches to the next, SO then please  try to use a dispatch rule. . Try using first come first severed dispatch rule and it should work. Use approrpriate dispatch rule from the selections.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and regards

Saman