Solved

Document does not print & cannot be seen in Report Archive

• 9 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hello all,

I am reaching out because I do not know where to begin solving this problem. The issue is that a user account is trying to print a Handling Unit Content Label from the Shop Floor Workbench. No print dialog is shown when pressing okay in the last step. The report is not created in the Report Archive either. What is interesting is that from the window Handling Units it is possible to print this report. But, it it still does not create the report in the Report Archive. When I try this with admin access, I get the print dialog, can choose layout, printer etc. and it works as intended. 

My conclusion is that it might be permission related. Here is where I need help from the community. Where is permissions for allowing a user to print and create Reports located? Or is some other printing/report related setting missing?

icon

Best answer by Erik ROL 11 June 2021, 10:44

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Erik ROL ,

Have you checked whether the user has been connected to the relevant report and printer combination in the Printer Definitions » Report User Printer as below ?

Thanks,

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Since it is possible to print this from the handling units window I don’t think this is the issue. I am very curious as to why the report is not created in the Report Archive. I have not done this either and I get it to work. the only difference between the account that works and the one that does not, is permissions.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

I found the problem. We kept our permission sets when upgrading from IFS 9 to 10. Since Handling Units is new for IFS 10, the user in question did not have permission to print the report “Handling Unit Content Label”. When giving this permission the problem was solved.