Question

Changing the format of the BACS output file`

• 23 December 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Is it possible to change the layout/format of the BACS output file.  If so where can I do this.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi John,

In IFS Core version, you can get basic information for BACS file, but it does not give the exact output layout which your bank expects. So, there are few options available.

1. Go for a third party tool and convert it to the expected output.
  2. Go for a customization/mod.
  3. Evaluate the possibility of generating the file using external file template (I have done this to few banks)

If you are using Application 8 or higher version, 3rd option is always preferable, because it does not cost much for setup and maintenance. But, you need some know-how in the external file area.

So, I suggest you to follow the below approach.

1. Talk to the bank and get their file layout with a specification.
  2. Contact your IFS Consultant or Partner consultant and see whether they can help you.
  3. Last option, you can contact me via my mail. e.maldeniya@e-analytics.com

Additional Point:

If this is a first attempt to setup the BACS for your company. I recommend you to inform your treasury  team to discuss with the bank whether they can accept the ISO20022 based credit transfer for BACS clearing. In this case, you can change the format and proceed.

Best Regards

Eranda

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

The IFS BACS file didn’t work for us either.   Our UK bank rejected the file layout so we needed to pay IFS for a custom BACS file template that the bank passed.    Not sure why it wouldn’t be standard across all UK banks but we had the same issue.:cry:    Would be nice if we could customize the template ourselves