Solved

Cannot Receive handling unit out of Shop floor workbench for shop order with 2 operation lines with back flushing material.

• 9 December 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I Would like to receive handling unit out of Shop floor workbench for shop order with 2 operation lines with back flushing material. By partly approving the last operation is would like to receive the handling unit. But I get te underlaying error.

If I receive manual in receive shop order and check checkbox auto report operations, then it will work. Why is there no check box for auto report operations in het shop floor workbench?

Please advise how I can make this work in the shop floor work bench.

icon

Best answer by Björn Hultgren 10 December 2021, 10:21

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

So you want to auto report the first operation when approving the last operation and receiving the handling units to stock? 

Then you can select Report Previous Operations check box. If you want this to be selected by default you can select the last operation to be a Milestone Operation.

This automatically reports the quantity on previous operations up to the quantity reported on this operation. Normally time is reported accordingly, but this can be configured per work center. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

First thought is you have not reported the required total of 100 complete on the first operation. In the Approve Operation dialog, you can use the ‘Report Previous Operations’ to accomplish this.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi Bjorn,

Thank you for the advice but it is not working. Can backflushing of materials be an issue? As we are a synthetic profile company, we are backflushing out of silo in floor stock. We cannot issue in front course we don’t know the exact usage of material.

Is there any other option to make it work in the shop floor workbench?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@EqeHarmhV  I don’t think the error is related to the material situation. It comes because less quantity is reported on the operations relative the quantity you try to receive. Since you are reporting 1000 pcs on operation 20, it must be operation 10 that is not having enough quantity reported. This can normally be handled by selecting Report Previous Operations as suggested.

However, since you still get the error I believe you must have setup operation 10 and 20 to be parallel. Is that correct? Then this check box will not have any effect since operation 10 is not considered previous to operation 20. Is such setup really correct? To me it is logic that the last operation is not parallel to any other since that is where the final product to receive “comes together”.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Thank you Bjorn! by changing the lines to non paralel the issue was solved.