Solved

Automatic receive

• 4 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

can we in IFS do an automated receive of a shop order, connected with a timer for example?

Situation: We have one production line (A), which in some cases can be connected to another production line (B). Each machine has his own shop order, and produces his own products. The output of machine A, is the input of machine B (in some cases)

If the machines are connected, it would be convenient to to ‘auto receive’ the products from machine A, so we can backflush them with machine B.

Best regards

icon

Best answer by Tharindu Illangasinghe 4 June 2021, 16:57

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @First Employee ,

As I understood output of Machine A shop order is a sub-assembly to Machine B shop order.

If that is the case you can manually peg the outputs of A to B using the below windw.

Here we have pegged 5 qtys of sub-assembly to parent. As soon as we receive qtys from A (i.,e Order No 202420) it will get Reserve to B (i.e., Order No 202419)

Are you looking for a setup like this ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Thank you @Tharindu Illangasinghe 

I would like to skip the receive step from A. If I receive from B, the system can assume I have enough from A so it can automatically receive from A as well.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @First Employee ,

I don’t think that is possible with the shop order functionalities in the standard application, unless you go for a customization.

As I understood, you want to loosely couple the sub-assembly shop order with parent part shop order. Where you want to receive the parent qtys as quickly as possible. 

So, instead of manually pegging how about setting the sub-assembly for “Negative On Hand Allowed”. Then you can Backflush the parent shop order without any qtys of sub-assembly in stocks. And later on you can process the sub-assembly shop order and receive the qtys to stocks.