Question

APPs10 QA – NCR/CAPA – How to handle containment.

• 11 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Team,

Hope I am reaching the correct team, else pls move this to correct product area.

I have customer going to map their quality process in Aps10. Basically they use NCR and CAPA. In their previous application, they managed to map the containment actions also within NCR\CAPA flow. What is meant by containment is that the actions they take to contain the current situation after a customer reports a Nonconformance. Such as Replace the defected part/object or isolate it.

I could not find any place in IFS NCR or CAPA that I can map this. Has someone come up this scenario and handled?. Can I consider this also as a Disposition action ?. Have I missed anything. Your ideas highly appreciated.

Regards,

Roshan

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Roshan - I suspect you will need to link back into purchasing or inventory management.
Applying a Part Availability Control with the appropriate restrictions will prevent any IFS movements or issues etc.
Alternatively an Return Material Authorisation could be processed to return the item to a supplier if that is relevant. I believe RMA’s can also be used for incoming supplier returns.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Roshan - I suspect you will need to link back into purchasing or inventory management.
Applying a Part Availability Control with the appropriate restrictions will prevent any IFS movements or issues etc.
Alternatively an Return Material Authorisation could be processed to return the item to a supplier if that is relevant. I believe RMA’s can also be used for incoming supplier returns.

Hi David,

Thank you for the quick response.

Actually scenario is such that these parts are already delivered to their buyers, and while their buyers are using these parts they identify a defect and report back to our customer. Therefore, using methods in purchase or inventory like availability control won’t help as I see. RMA can use to bring the defected part back.

But my need is to see if there is a way to map (containment actions such as Replace the defected part/object or isolate it), actions taken at the buyer site, in NCR or CAPA. That is why I thought one workaround would be to use disposition actions to cover this scenario.

Any feedback on this pls ?

Regards,

Roshan

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Roshan,

In the NCR, a correction line is created during approval. With this, I implement the tasks with my customers that are necessary to bring the non-conformity back into conformity. This means that in step Disposition I implement the actions needed to have the parts back on site for rework (or to send them to the supplier). In step Correction I implement the actions for the correction itself. And in step Verification then the final inspection of the correction.

I hope this clarifies the procedure with the NCR a little.

Best regards,
Mike

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Roshan,

In the NCR, a correction line is created during approval. With this, I implement the tasks with my customers that are necessary to bring the non-conformity back into conformity. This means that in step Disposition I implement the actions needed to have the parts back on site for rework (or to send them to the supplier). In step Correction I implement the actions for the correction itself. And in step Verification then the final inspection of the correction.

I hope this clarifies the procedure with the NCR a little.

Best regards,
Mike

Hi Mike,

I also looking for something like what you did !. Seems feasible, though we workaround our needs using core functionality.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I will keep this post open if we get more input.

Regards,

Roshan