Solved

Unable to cast COM object of type 'CrystalDecision.ReportAppServer.Controllers.ReportSourceClass' to interface type

• 24 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello IFS Community,

Can somebody point me to the best path to find solution to the following issue?

I am running Crystal Report XI R2  and my  IFS 9.

icon

Best answer by ZTC ZTC JGOTA 28 June 2021, 08:08

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi,

Can you tell me when you get this error?

If you get this error when previewing a Crystal Report through IFS EE, then verify if only the 32 bit Crystal .net runtime is installed on the machine you are trying to preview from. You can check this from Windows installed programs.

Normally you will get this if you try to preview from the same machine where the Crystal Web Service is installed and if both the 64 bit and 32 bit Crystal .net runtime is installed on the same machine where the Crystal Web Service is installed.

If this is the case, keep only the correct Crystal .net runtime needed for the Crystal Web Service and uninstall the other version. Better if you uninstall both and reinstall the correct Crystal .net runtime needed for the Crystal Web Service to remove GAC conflicts. The bit version should match the Oracle Client Runtime bit version.

Then preview the report from another machine after install only the 32 bit Crystal .net runtime.

Regards,

Chanaka

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@ChanakaAmarasekara 

You made my day. Thanks so much!