Solved

Report Designer adding new field with overlapping tables issue

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi, 

I have an issue with adding a field on a lay-out in Report Designer. I want to add a field on the pdf lay-out of the Customer Invoice, but two tables overlap in Report Designer with as result that I am not able to add the new field. Does someone know how to resolve this issue? Please refer to the screenshots below. 

icon

Best answer by BZNSIMON 9 April 2021, 14:06

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @BZNSIMON,

It seems like your "INVOICE_LINE_TYPE" and "INVOICE_LINE" tables overlap.
You could try inserting a few new rows to the container table of "INVOICE_LINE_TYPE" table.

Further, it would be great if you could specify the App version and UPD version along with the exact report ID and layout to have a look.

Cheers !
Dhananjaya.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @dhlelk , 

That is correct, the "INVOICE_LINE_TYPE" and "INVOICE_LINE" tables overlap. And both also overlap with the table I try to add a new field to. Sadly, your suggestion is not working, because when I add new rows, the table does not change and still overlaps with the table I try to add a field to. 

We are in APPS10 update 7. The Report ID is ‘Invoice’. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I’m not sure if this helps, but back in the day when I worked a lot with reports and report designer, I sometimes had problem clicking the right object in the design window when they started to overlap so then it might be easier to do some of these operations by finding the the right object in the layout tree instead and add cell/rows that way.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @BZNSIMON,

I had a look at the standard layout "CustomerOrderIvcRep.rdl" file for App10 UPD7 and I was able to add a new row and the below rows shifted without overlapping.

It seems like you have customized (modified) the layout.

Cheers !
Dhananjaya.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @Dario Zani , 

Thank you, I managed to add the new row/cells as you suggested. But how do I fill the cells with the field I want? I marked the field and the new row/cells with the green arrows in the screenshot below. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Use the edit RMB option on the cell, then you find the object you want to add or write the whole path manually to it even thou it might be very long, look how the other cells look like in the edit options.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Use the edit RMB option on the cell, then you find the object you want to add or write the whole path manually to it even thou it might be very long, look how the other cells look like in the edit options.

Aah sorry that don’t work, if the cell is empty. Hmm not sure, maybe it can be drag dropped from the above structure tree or something.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Drag drop to the layout tree don’t seem to work either. Maybe you can add more lines before the cell you want to add so it will popup under the overlap you can edit it the proper way from layout window and then just remove the unnecessary lines in the layout tree afterwards. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I’m not sure if this helps, but back in the day when I worked a lot with reports and report designer, I sometimes had problem clicking the right object in the design window when they started to overlap so then it might be easier to do some of these operations by finding the the right object in the layout tree instead and add cell/rows that way.

Hi @Dario Zani  

I managed to add the fields in the new cells I created. I just pasted the fields in a random place in the layout where I had access to and then copy/paste them to the newly created cells! Thanks a lot for your help and suggestions. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I’m glad it worked, using layout tree helped me a lot in some tricky situations or when I needed edit or remove cells that I couldn’t see/click directly in the layout window. A lot of the commands you have in the layout window you also have in the tree so it’s very powerful.