Solved

Business Reporter - How To?

• 4 April 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hello All,

Can somebody provide a good document/tutorial/work instructions on how to create a Business Report? I don’t seem to find any good manuals that describe the possibilities and ways that we can use business reporter.

For example:

- If I use a Repeater on a row, can I use this repeater and define this immediatley as a dynamic XLS table?

- Can I make a Pivot table of this?

- How can I create a bar chart that takes into account the dynamic range of the repeater?

- How to add an additional ‘calculated’ column to the table? (Calculated = I just want the difference between 2 source columns).

Thanks for your help!

Best Regards

Roel

icon

Best answer by Voshitha 18 April 2022, 06:49

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Timmermans Roel,

You can find information on Business Reporter via the below link.

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/010_overview/255_br_and_a/025_Business_Reporter/default.htm

Hope this helps. Please let me know your feedback.

Regards,

Lihini.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Dear @EntLihinP 

Thanks for the info but this page was already something I found myself. Unfortunately, to me this is more like a spec sheet. It doesn’t contain any detailed technical info.

For example: one of the printscreens shows a ‘Total’ value calculated on the values above. But the range above is variable using the repeater function. So how was the sum formula created? You can’t use a fixed range because it is a variable table.

Or how can I for example automatically deduct 3011 Sales taxable from 4021 Costs of goods sold?

And next step would be: how do I create a graph based on those Revenues and costs? In such a way that the next time when I run Business Reporter, the graph is auomatically adjusted. This page does not provide any technical answers and that’s what I’m looking for.

I have a strong XLS background, but I’m struggling with the fact how to incorporate the variable and volatile nature of the BR into different XLS functions and formulas (like pivot tables, graphs,, etc...). Would you happen to know of any more detailed sources of information?

Best Regards

Roel

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hello All,

Can somebody provide a good document/tutorial/work instructions on how to create a Business Report? I don’t seem to find any good manuals that describe the possibilities and ways that we can use business reporter.

For example:

- If I use a Repeater on a row, can I use this repeater and define this immediatley as a dynamic XLS table?

- Can I make a Pivot table of this?

- How can I create a bar chart that takes into account the dynamic range of the repeater?

- How to add an additional ‘calculated’ column to the table? (Calculated = I just want the difference between 2 source columns).

Thanks for your help!

Best Regards

Roel

If you are using the BR Client in IFS cloud go to the Help menu and there’s “Designer Guide” document with all necessary report designing guidelines.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @Dasun Navoda 

For this project we are using APPS10.

On my end the ‘Designers guide is inaccessible. Only the ‘Online Help’ is selectable. But that results in an error message. See printscreens below.

Best Regards

Roel

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi,

IFS Business Reporter - Installation and configuration guides 

You could access configuration guide through below link

IFS Business Reporter - Designer’s Guide

/Voshitha

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Thank you @Voshitha. That was exactly what I was looking for.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Dear @Voshitha ,

It seems the above link is no longer functional. Did anything change in the link? Can you please repost the link to the documentation?

Best Regards

Roel Timmermans

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @Timmermans Roel ,

I also noticed it and already informed documentation team about it. They will fix the error soon. I will update you when it is available back.

Best regards,

Voshitha

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi,

The link is working again

https://docs.ifs.com/documents/IFSBusinessReporter-DesignersGuide_22.1.0.pdf