Solved

Business Report Crashes Excel, ".net framework" error

• 21 October 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

This regards the IFS Business Reporter add-in for Excel, specifically Excel in Office 2016, 64-bit. 

There is one specific BR report we run which I’m having these difficulties with, doesn’t seem to occur with any other report and, strangely enough, running this same report works when done on different computers. 

The error we’re having occurs when trying to “Run Report” once IFS is loaded. We pick the standard parameter values, press OK, then in the Report Execution Progress window, it seems to go through everything (goes through steps 1 - 3 , fetches data) then it crashes Excel, Excel restarts, and it opens to a blank worksheet. 

I’ve checked the event logs and found the following pop-up at about the same time it crashes, so this should correlate: 

Event Log Error #1
Event Log Error #2

I’ve tried many things, like running .net repairs and running as admin. I’ve officially run out of ideas, so I’ve come here, hoping I can be pointed in the right direction if not have the problem solved entirely. I was going to try uninstalling the 64 bit Office and running a 32 bit version, but that may end up being more difficult than it rightly should be, so let me know if there’s anything I can try before resorting to that.

icon

Best answer by LinksGrecian 29 October 2020, 19:31

View original

4 replies

Badge +2

Bump

Badge +2

another shameless self-bump

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @LinksGrecian ,

We use Business Reporter plugin in Excel 32-bit environment and we are not seeing the issue you are describing.  I would recommend you open a case with IFS support and send them the relative screen shots and detail information about the environment.

1. Windows version
  2. .Net Version
  3. Excel version
  4. Visual Studio 2010 Office runtime install

Regards,

William Klotz

Badge +2

As an update, I was able to solve this on my own. Turns out the key was uninstalling the 64-bit version of Office and installing a 32-bit version. Worked like a charm after that.