Question

Business Analytics - Object reference not set to an instance of an object

• 1 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +5

Hi ,

I have BA client version  4.0.22.0 and Excel 2016 in one of the customer environment.

And getting the following error when trying to open a published BA report from BA client.

Full Details:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Ifs.Application.ExcelReporter.ReportDesigner.ReportParameter.GetXlrTemplateParameter()

at Ifs.Application.ExcelReporter.ReportDesigner.ReportController.SetTemplateParameters(XlrTemplate template)

at Ifs.Application.ExcelReporter.ReportDesigner.ReportController.DefineDsodDataSets(Int32& setCount, ArrayList& physicalDatasets, Boolean cacheEnabled, Int32& lastDataSetId)

at Ifs.Application.ExcelReporter.ReportDesigner.ReportController.Validate()

at Ifs.Application.ExcelReporter.ReportDesigner.ReportController.LoadReport()

And I noticed with a older BA client(4.0.2) , the error does not appear

Is this related to an IFS bug or would like to know how to get this resolved?

I am in trouble now, because I am  on new BA client(4.0.22.0) and not able to even open the BA report to work on customer change requests.

Can someone help please?

Thank you!

Disna M

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi Disna,

This is a common error message for lots of different issues. In one instance, I got this error due to a version mismatch. So if you haven't installed the exact customer version, please do so ( Landing page/ Add-ons).  

Best regards,

Ravi

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Similar scenario handled from Patch 154120 for reports that are having multivalue parameters. Is the report having multivalue parameters?

If so BA client version 4.0.23 or above might solve the issue.