Would like to get ideas on how Maintenix users in Organisations handle inventory with calendar based on-wing tasks that go overdue whilst on shelf.
I believe this would affect any organisation using Maintenix for components with/without a supply solution.
When inventory has an overdue task, a Maintenix job changes the status REPREQ.
- The supply department would suspect the inventory requires repair, (in our business requires back-office review for each part to consider)
- The inventory cannot be issued or electronically fitted by the maintenance repair organisation without this back office support to clear or overrun the task.
- The maintenance repair organisation maybe now subject extra work without notification, this is depending on how your business handles overdue tasks. In our business we need to have the units RFI. Therefore back-office support is always required.
Explored options such as;
- Baseline Create on Install, suits a limited range of tasks due to complaince.
- DANI - Do at next install - doesn't work for overdue baseline tasks.
- Deadline extensions, can only be done at point of issue or install for unscheduled changes, this requires back-office assistance.
- Soft limits - hides from planning view and be easily overlooked if required at install. (Maintenix core governance is Hard Stop functionality, its a good thing)
Thanks In Advance, thinking maybe requires a logic change somewhere but would like other operators consensus before suggesting any enhancements or opting for customisation.