Question

IFS Notifications Concept/Design

• 24 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi All,

I seeking some advice on how to approach this. We are on IFS Cloud and have currently do not use the Notify Me app or familiar with it’s associated functions'. Currently we do have Events in place for some key actions reminding users that they need to perform an action (i.e. Requisition Authorized via email).

We are looking to clean-up / streamline our notification process in general and looking get advise on the general concept.

For example is the right approach to stream events to Notifications. From here should we chain an email event? Ideally there are two scenario’s I would like to solve:

• A user just gets a notification in IFS Cloud only - I.e. print job successful / failed
  • A user gets a notification of an authorisation in IFS Cloud + Email (immediate) - Requisition needs authorising
  • A daily / weekly reminder of point above requests that have yet to be actioned - could be via API automations if simpler

Any general pointers on what to explore would be appreciated, the goal here is to make it as administratively simple as possible and flexible for new custom notifications as our requirements expand.

Also if you think the idea is terrible that feedback is also helpful!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

As much as I prefer the notification in IFS only and have the user manage their tasks/notifications from there….that doesn’t seem to be how most users want to interact or respond to the notification.

In our case, the most effective has been for the really important or urgent requirements, use an email notification.  For the less time dependent tasks, keep them inside of IFS.

For both, use lobbies to summarize the work that needs to be done, even if not directly related to the notification (ie, the lobby element shows open authorizations, not the list of notifications for the authorizations).