Custom package not visible

• 24 July 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge +6
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 32 replies

Hi,

we are trying to deploy the custom package/procedure to IFS Cloud.

created 2 files 

1 rdf file having operational report definition and package

1. plsql file having custom package for scheduled task.

on deploying and merging the changes, we can see package in build place database related to rdf file but not able to see package inside plsql file.

please help to understand what is missed in this.

link to azure

https://dev.azure.com/ifs-le-cu-hydl-b1/pz2amad/_git/customer-solution

Regards

Raman

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Did you create a .utility model file for the custom package?

Badge +6

No utility model is not created.

I just want this custom package to be available in database so that i can use it in scheduled task.

please let me know if any other extension to be used instead of .plsql.to compile this package in cloud db

Rwgards

Raman

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Unlike the .rdf file, which is a complete PL/SQL package, a .plsql file is not deployed by IFS. It is used by the compile together with the corresponding model file (.utility or .entity) to generate the code that is to be deployed (.api, .apy and for entities also an .apv file).

Example of simple utility model. Note how the .api and .apy are under generated files.

For more info see: Utility - Technical Documentation For IFS Cloud

Badge +6

so you mean to say, api or package  to be used in scheduled task, it requires a model file with extension .utility and packafe file as .api. so these 2 files should be available.  Correct?

Regards
Raman

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

I would recommend that over hacking the .api and .apy files yourself. If you look at generated .api and .apy files, or PL/SQL package code deployed to and IFS database, you will see that the packages contain additional stuff, like declarations for public constants for module and LU (logical unit) name etc., as well as some extra code to check access and whatnot. The code generator takes care of all that.

This assumes you’re familiar with IFS Developer Studio, which you should be if you’re cutting code for IFS Cloud.

Badge +6

yes, I am familiar with Dev Studio, created operational report rdf from studio only.

i thought api is plain plsql code , if we give .plsql extension, cloud compiler will pick and compile it.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

No, the compiler looks for the .utility file, and assumes that the .plsql file only contains the method implementations. it will add method declarations in .api and template code etc.

Badge +6

one more thing, 

so plsql code of custom package should have extension of .plsql since it has method logic i.e. procedures.

there should be 1 utility file which refer this plsql code.

can we include grants and other standard IFS in the same plsql file?

GRANT EXECUTE ON c_hmh_fse_rep_api TO ifssys;
EXEC dictionary_sys.rebuild_dictionary_storage_(0, 'PACKAGES');
EXEC security_sys.refresh_active_list__(0);

note :c_hmh_fse_rep_api is package having procedure which is used as schedular.