Question

T&A Time Authorisation

• 27 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi All,

Please can someone help me to trouble shoot T&A time authorisation?

I have a time card with confirmed in/out results, but when I press the status button on the time card (other other screens too) the pop out doesn’t show me any of the radio buttons to approve either T&A or project time (there are no Project time postings)

I am logged in as a user with supervisor access granted and I also have position access above the employee I am trying to authorise.

I have also assigned an access role which contains the time_pers_diary_auth attribute

which has the settings below

I am seeing similar behaviour in a customer (Cloud 23R2) and our internal environments (23R1)

I must be missing something really simple - perhaps a company property value - but I’m struggling to work this one through - any ideas would be great.

many thanks in advance

Dave

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,

Often when I get this I have forgotten to set an atttribute level :-) But I can see you did this… 

And the employee you are trying to authorize is not the employee of the user you are logged on as? I mean.. you are not trying to authorize yourself? (Stupid question maybe but still..)

I suggest you go in to “Supervisor - Access Setup” and query for the person / employee you are logged on as.

Under “Supervised employees” - make sure you have access to the employee in the ITme Card with the access role you say.

Regards,

Maria

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @ADDMARIAE ,

Many thanks for coming back to me

I am 100% not trying to self authorise - but the employee am trying to authorise is not listed in the “supervised employees” for the employee I am logged in as - in the most recent examples!

I’ve since created a direct link in position access between the authoriser and the “authorisee”, and regenerated the access results - this has not resolved the issue - even though I can now see a valid access result linking both.  

I’m testing in multiple environments - as soon as the same one as the screen shots as above is running, I’ll collect some more views to enter here.

thanks again

Dave 

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hello again. Now I am back in the same environment and company as in the initial examples. 

I am trying to authorise time for employee ID “1”.

I am logged in as a user linked to employee id “DABROOKES”

In Supervisor Access Setup, employee 1 is showing in the supervised employees section (with a valid date range).

BUT - I am trying to authorise time from BEFORE that valid date range - red highlight above.
I regenerated the access results, changing the valid from date to 1/1/23

and NOW I can both see the radio button and successfully authorise the time!

so the initial problem is NOW RESOLVED :-)

Now I need to work on what is stopping the employees appearing in the supervised employees section of supervisor access in the other environment!
And another issue where time cannot be self reported for some users - but a manager (with no employee in the common company) can report time for that user...