Solved

Sticky Notes

• 23 February 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

We upgraded to Apps 10 last October.  I have a user using sticky notes on Time Card Day.  Now in 10 the note will appear and you can type in it, etc…, but when you leave the page the note is gone.  I do not believe it is a permissions isssue as she can use the notes on other screens and the same thing happens when I am logged in as App Owner.  Any one else run into this?

icon

Best answer by mbarnes 26 February 2021, 19:11

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @mbarnes ,

We ran into the same issue on the timecard day after upgrading to IFS App 10 Update 8.  Instead of filing a case with IFS we chose to have users RMB and choose Notes to put their notes on the timecard day record.  We decided to go this route because the Sticky Note feature has been discontinued in the Aurena interface and we plan on migrating to using the Aurena interface in the next year after we install either Update 11 or Update 12.

I would recommend you open a case with IFS they may have a correction within one of the updates already for IFS Enterprise Explorer.  

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thank you for the information William!

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @mbarnes, @william.klotz 
Could you please check if KBA : Why are sticky notes disappearing when refreshed ? shall solve your issue? Appreciate the feedback on the KBA.
Also check : What are the steps to enable sticky notes for a user ?
Best Regards,
Yasas

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Yasas_AK,

I looked at both of those KBA’s before I posted my question.  My user can create sticky notes, just not on one particular screen, time card day.

Thank you for your response.

Mike

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @mbarnes,

Just curious did you check if “Time Card Day” screen’s LU and view names match :)

1. Search the logical unit in Object Connections window
  2. Verify that the view name of the logical unit given is same as the view name of the form

a3fa11ca-06f6-44c2-be0d-75e2d4fa3613.png

874adabd-b67c-40f4-831b-87efd396527e.png

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I have three LU’s on that screen, One for the main and two of the tabs that show up in Object Connections.  Only one matches the LU name and View name match.

Mike

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Response from IFS support:

Thank you for contacting IFS Global Support for your assistance.

I have reviewed your case and there have been the same issue that was reported to RnD previously via solution ID 281497.

RnD states that "The sticky notes in the application didn’t work as expected in the design. Therefore, we had to do further improvements on this page to make it easy for use and as a result of that we introduced notes which can view against the days.

Ex: Stickies did not displayed the notes against the date and have to click on arrows to go  next to see the note in the next sticky. With the new improvement, at a glance user can see the dates which notes are available in both time card day and time card week.

Since this is available in the application we will not going to do further improvement on sticky notes. "