Question

Not correct capacity in Resource Analysis

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

All, 

It looks like an Resource has a capacity of 8,5 hours in the Resource Analysis window, but it should be in fact 8 hours.

The employee is set with the following schedule, so 8 hours of work between 8:30 and 17:00 o’clock

With this setup I expect 8 hours per day as the capacity, but in the resource analysis windw it shows 8,5 hours:

Do I miss anything, or is this not correct in IFS (IFS Cloud)?

Thanks in advance,

Robert Kool

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,

Is 8,5 hrs coming from the default calendar?

We had a similar issue in IFS 10 and it turned out that the background job for  “Generate calendars for gantt” wasn’t running.

Even if we set up to use “HR Schedules” it still fetched the default calendar times.

Regards,

Maria

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Maria,

Thanks for your reply.

I just checked and all calendars are generated correct. But I do not know where I can  “Generate calendars for gantt”, can you help me with that?

Thanks again,

Robert

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,

These are the tasks for module WO. It is the last in the matrix I mean that needs to be scheduled.

Check in overview Scheduled Tasks if it is scheduled - if not create a new schedule and add it from the list.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Maria,

I cannot find this task in IFS Cloud, maybe is renamed.

Still strange that is related to component WO, because I just want to generate the capacity, we are not even planning on Work Orders, only on Project Activity. Even though, the planning should not be relevant for the capacity.

Hopefully we get another reply which can help me on this on the IFS Cloud environment.

Thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi Robert

Just for clarification, how have the intervals for the Day Type used in the Schedule been configured?

Thanks and regards

Hugh

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

hi again,

Well my example was from WO, but I guess it could be a similar issue. Check what database tasks exists in the Technical documentation….  maybe this is something?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Thanks for all, I discussed this further and for now we have created a case for this: CS0075304