Question

How to integrate attendance data into IFS app 9

• 19 November 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

We need to integrate attendance server data into IFS application 9. Currently my company employees are giving their attendance through ID card or finger print. The data is storing in the local server in SQL server database and there is a application for maintain the data. The finger print devices are connected through office network and bind with IP address. 

Recently as per business need we need to integrate those data into IFS database, any suggestion on technical perspective would be appreciate

Thanks in advance! 

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I've little knowledge in this area, but are you able to load any data in via TIMREP_TRANSACTION from the outside?

I think you will need a transformer to prepare (have prepared) to load the data.

Another way is maybe to use a migration job that reads the data and processes it into mentioned view.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi,

At one of my customers we build a webservice in Apps 9 to load this data via a middleware tool.
Of course this was a customization, the load was done once a day, that way we had the start end and time and could calculate the number of attendance hours
the special rules, for being late or early, where implemented in the middleware if I remember correctly

Besides using a webservice and a middleware tool this can probably also be done with a migration job, if the tool scanning the check-in and check-out can calculate the attendance hours and can deliver a CSV file
There are usually a lot of exception, like people clocking in, but not clocking out, or vice versa, or people working from home, not clocking at all

Hope this helps a bit

Regards Erik