Question

Expenses to be Authorized email notification

• 8 October 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi 

I'm trying to work out the best way to send an email event to notify mangers/supervisors to authorise expenses. 

I have tried to trigger from the existing event ‘Expense state change’, the streams Table, expense header table but I'm struggling to be able to define the intended target email address. (it works if i hard code an email address in).  i get the error message ‘To’ field is not specified.

The stream works as intended 

We are using Apps 10 UPD 8 

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

thanks 

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi, 

I think we can define the custom attributes in Event and call the function to get email id

PERS_COMMS_API.Get_Default_E_Mail(Company_Pers_Assign_API.Get_Direct_Sup_Person_List(:new.company_id,  :new.emp_no,sysdate, NULL, 'TRUE', NULL, NULL, 'TRUE'))

and use the same attribute in To Address field. . 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi 

Thanks for your response.

I tried the above but still seem to be getting the error “Mail address To field is not specified”

attached a few screenshots of my setup

can you see anything I'm missing

thanks 

Nick 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Nick, 

You have done All right, just that you need to Select New value (Check box) of Company ID and Employee ID in the Event attributes. 

Thanks 

L P Reddy 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi L P Reddy 

That worked a treat.

Thankyou very much for your help.

Nick 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@LPREDDY,

having the same issue, need to send a notification mail to the supervisor of the employee.

when I tried your solution in the attached screen shot. I got the below error (refer to attachment)…

any idea what am I doing wrong 

Much appreciate your help 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi,

Sorry for Late reply. You can create an event on the Expense Header (any transactions require Manager approval like, Project time, Work Order transactions, Employee attendance, etc.)  not on company_pers_assign. 

Thanks 

L P Reddy