Deactivating a Person ID

• 14 February 2022
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 5 replies

Hello, 

Is it possible to deactivate to a Person ID?

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @THeer 

You can Deactivate Person Using Create User Page

Solution Manager → Security → User → Create User 

Search User/Person
​​​​​​​

Click Active User

Untick the Active User

Then you can Deactivate the User/Person

​​​​​​​

This may helpful

Thanks & Regards
Shan

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @THeer ,

You can’t deactivate a Person ID, but can deactivate the User ID connected to a Person ID.
After deactivating the User ID, make sure to change the validity of the Person record to either Hidden or Blocked. I have mentioned the functionality of these two validity statuses at the end.

To deactivate the User ID:

Person screen RMB → View User

User screen RMB → Deactivate user

Remove the check of Active User → Click OK

Save the record

You will get an information message saying that the user’s Oracle database account is now locked.
Click OK.

After this change, the person record’s validity would still be “Active” which means it is still possible to be used within the IFS applications. You can either change the validity to:

• Hidden - The value is possible to use but it is by default excluded from the list of values. It can be included in the list of values by selecting the Show Hidden check box. An example of when this validity status might be used is when the value is either still preliminary or being phased out. 
  • Blocked - The value cannot be used when creating new or modifying records in other parts of the IFS Applications.

To change the validity:

RMB on Person screen → Change Validity

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Dinushi

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Thanks Dinushi. 

So when a user is deactivated using these methods should they still appear in the send to colleague function? Can we remove a user from here? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @THeer ,

For the user to not appear in “Send To Colleague” function, the User ID must be disconnected (removed) from the Person ID. I checked this in our CORE environments as well, and I see it as incorrect behavior. If the person is blocked and the user is inactive, they shouldn’t be fetched for this list. But, as this RMB option is a Framework functionality, HCM product doesn’t have control over it.
Hence, I have asked about this from our Framework team colleagues. I will update this thread when I receive an answer from them.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Dinushi

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @THeer ,

I have raised the concern of blocked persons appearing in the “To” field list of the RMB option to our product development and framework teams.
Both responded that this needs to be further investigated.
Hence please kindly create a Support case to address this issue.

Kind regards,
Dinushi

Badge +2

Is “Change validity” on Person → RMB   available on IFS 9?.  We could not see it on our install

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Is “Change validity” on Person → RMB   available on IFS 9?.  We could not see it on our install

Hi @dilip ,

Unfortunately no. The Validity functionality was introduced in App10.

Kind regards,
Dinushi

Badge +2

Thank you Dinushi

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Are there any updates regarding the deactivated user showing up in the send to colleague list?  

You mention:  For the user to not appear in “Send To Colleague” function, the User ID must be disconnected (removed) from the Person ID.  What is the process to disconnect the person form the user?

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Are there any updates regarding the deactivated user showing up in the send to colleague list?  

You mention:  For the user to not appear in “Send To Colleague” function, the User ID must be disconnected (removed) from the Person ID.  What is the process to disconnect the person form the user?

Hi Dabele,

Sorry I saw your reply now. Not sure if you have already sorted this out.
What you need to do for the user to not appear in the Send To Colleague function is to remove the User ID from that Person’s record using “Person” screen.

Kind regards,
Dinushi