Solved

Access to other employees

• 5 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +5
  • Do Gooder (Partner)
  • 9 replies

Hi @Shehan Almeida 

In IFS Cloud it’s possible to grant access an employee to other employess of the Organization? For authorize, modify the time and attendance,see employee data etc? Without the functionality “Grant Aplication Manager Access”.

I mean, only with the position access Setup and from the Graphical Organization Structure is not enough?

Thanks and best regards, 

icon

Best answer by Any 7 December 2023, 12:06

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi,

The “HR Application Manager Access” should be used very selectively, usually only for the 1 or 2 people in HR responsible for all setups in HCM. All others should get access via a dedicated Access Role.

If you need to give a non-manager (employee) access to another employee (for a certain reason) I would recommend using the Employee Access Group page. After creating a new group you should use “Role Access” (not Position Access!) and set the specific employee, that should have access to another employee.

Regards,
Magnus

Badge +5

Hello @Magnus Johansson,

Thanks for your quick response, sadly with the Employee Access Group page I wasn’t able to give access to other employees data.

Let’s say for example that I want to give access to these employees to an specific user 

In the page of employees or Time Card I am still see nothing…

Because The “HR Application Manager Access” should be used very selectively, as you propertly said, I am trying to find to another way to give access to this person/employee only for “some purposes”.

Can you please tell me if I am doing something wrong in the setup?

Thanks and best regards,

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi,

The “Type” on the Access Group is listed as “Former Employees” is that correct? If you want to give access to active employees, the group should be set as “Custom”.

Thereafter all the access is controlled in the Access Role which you give to the Supervisor.

//Magnus

Badge +5

Yes! Now I can see the data of these employees.

Thanks for your support.

Best regards