Question

Absence limit generation at the end of the year is not working.

• 27 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

Hi Experts,

When I generate absence (manual absence type) it work only if the valid from date is before Month of August. If any limits are defined on or after august it does not generate any value.

E.g Absence generated from 1 July 2023 - 31 December 2023. This works fine as shown below.

However, if I generate absence after July, e.g 1st August -2023 - 31 December 2023. It does not generate any limits even it says limits generated. Limit detail is empty.

Is there any parameter to generate absence for the latter parts of the year? 

Thanks. 

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi, 

Is this happening for certain employees only or all employees?

If only for certain employees, pls check that you don’t have any parameters added here:

Then you can also check if you have any parameters defined for Absence type. Go to page Absence limit definition, select correct Absence limit and go to Details from Limit Definition.

Check Limit Parameters. 

I hope, these will help in your case!

Br. Maaret

Badge +4

Hi Maaret,

Thank you for the suggestions. However, there is no parameters defined. Its just a newly created manual  absence type. I think application is not generating limits when we generate them for the latter part of the year. 

Kavinda., 

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

hi @KavindaL , @MaaretEklund ,

I have a similar problem where I am trying to create absence limits for a part year.
If I have an employee working either the full first half of the year, or a full year, then the limit calculates correctly.
If the employee is only working for the second half of the year then the limit generates in the same way as Kavinda is descibing.
If I have an employee working for either part months or less than half a year, the limit does not calculate at all - the log sometimes gives an error messsage of 

ORA-20124: Error.NULLVALUE: Field [ABS_LIMIT_DIMENSION] is mandatory for Absence Limit Value and requires a value.

I also have no parameters defined.

Any further support would be greatly appreciated

Dave