Solved

Workflow not working for application defined messages

• 20 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I have created a workflow to call an action in a custom projection. The requirement is to invoke the workflow when Payment Advice report is generated. I have created an event action for the PDF_REPORT_CREATED event (with the REPORT_ID condition) and attached the above workflow to it. When the report is printed, it is not invoked.

I have connected the workflow with a custom event (set to be executed on Customer Name change) and a projection action (Finish command in Order Report Assistant) for testing purposes, and in both scenarios, the workflow invoked  without issues and the DB procedure executed. I also removed the condition I placed on PDF_REPORT_CREATED for REPORT_ID, but the workflow was still not working.

I can’t think of a reason why the same workflow worked for a custom event but not for the application-defined PDF_REPORT_CREATED event, since all events ultimately should be registered as Oracle triggers.

Was anyone able to invoke a workflow with an application-defined event? Or is there any restriction as such?

icon

Best answer by Tomas Ruderfelt 20 March 2024, 11:49

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Have you have selected type “Process Enrichment” and timing “Asynchronous” on the event action since the processing is done without a client present?

Badge +1

@Tomas Ruderfelt Thanks for the suggestion. I have used those configs, but the workflow is not firing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Not sure what it can be without more details.
Do you have access and can check the table bpa_async_sys_tab? There the event action should create a record per execution.

Badge +1

Hi @Tomas Ruderfelt ,

Thanks for above info. Using the above bpa_async_sys_tab provided by you I was able to figure out that projection action was executing by IFSPRINT user (since the event is PDF_REPORT_CREATED), rather than IFSAPP.

I have granted projection access to IFSPRINT user and workflow triggered and invoked the DB procedure.

Thanks for your help.