Solved

New IFS Cloud Customer - Onboarding

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hello All,

I’m looking for the process to add new users to our IFS Cloud account.

1. Who do I contact to get a new user invited to setup their account?
  2. Is there a manual or course for this?
  3. How do I know what roles to request?
  4. Can I change their roles once they are setup?

So far, I’ve been using the kindness of IFS staff to ‘back-door’ these requests, but as we use the system more, I want a well-documented process for this.

Thanks all.  Glad to be part of this community.

Rob Fedorchuk

SaskPower

icon

Best answer by ADMCUK 2 November 2022, 18:16

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14
  1.  Once a user is established in a new environment, typically an email is generated with the URL, username/password.   
  2. The online technical documentation is a great resource/how to.   If you cannot find what you need, your IFS contact can assist in connecting to the appropriate resource/s.
  3. Roles and permissions vary based on configurations for your specific organization.  During an implementation, we typically replicate a very open/inclusive access and then limit that access during the final user acceptance process.  An option to become familiar is to open the debug console while various users are interacting with the system.
  4. Yes, you can change permissions/projections/roles as needed.
Userlevel 2
Badge +7

What link do I use to get to my users so I can manage them?

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @rfedorchuk ,

Welcome to the IFS Community good to have you here.

I wanted to clarify so we are not talking at crossed-purposes.
There are 3 primary user Accounts in the context of IFS Cloud so I want to ensure we are talking about the right set of users.

Use Place User Accounts - These are the users who will actually work in your IFS Cloud solution. Your IFS system Administrator is able to create these and you are not dependant on IFS here. Details on setting up these users are covered in docs.ifs.com here

Build Place User Accounts - (I suspect this is what you mean?) These are users that are involved in developing and tailoring your solution, testing any changes you make to the solution or deploying those changes from the Build Place to the Use Place. Once the user accounts are created you are able to assign roles to these users dependant on the tasks they need to perform.  These details are covered here please see the section titled “Grant Access to Build Place” note that this activity can only be setup by an existing user who has been assigned the Build Place Admin role via the Service Center portal 

I can see that you and two of your colleagues already have this role assigned so you should be able to access the user management form as per the instructions referenced above in the documentation.

Service Center Portal User Accounts - These are for users who need to access support or cloud services or raise a service request with IFS.  The Service Center portal also provides access to our Knowledge database. To request access to the Service Center you can follow the steps detailed in this guide. You will need your unique Customer ID which will ahve been set to you in your IFS Cloud Welcome e-mail and IFS Cloud Welcome Pack.  Let me know if you do not have this and I can message you directly.
As mentioned by the previous respondent docs.ifs.com is where you can find all of the documentation for IFS Cloud and there is a comprehensive library of courses at academy.ifs.com as a broad starting point I can recommend our free to access getting started course details here

Let me know if I’ve misunderstood or if you have any challenges with any of the above info and I’ll be happy to help

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Perfect!!

How do I get to the solution manager?

If it hasn’t been assigned to me yet, how do I get access?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Where are you when you type that in?

I don’t recognize the screen.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Do I need VPN setup before I’m able to see this?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Where are you when you type that in?

I don’t recognize the screen.

That is in the application URL once you have gained access.   As @

• ADMCUK is an employee, I will defer to him or your IFS rep to assist you.

Best-

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Thanks Christy

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@ADMCUK  Do you know if I need the VPN configured for our environments before I’ll be able to get to the Solution Manager?

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @rfedorchuk no that shouldn’t be necessary.

You should be able to find the URLs to access your Use Place environments in your IFS Cloud Welcome e-mail.  (Let me know if you need this to be resent)

If you haven't yet set up users in any of these environments then you will first need to login with the Initial Admin password, there are details on how to retrieve these from the Support Portal/Service Center also included in the welcome e-mail.
The guide here may also be useful to you refer to specifically steps 1&3.
Once you are logged into one of your Use Place environments as IFSAdmin you can then start setting up User Accounts as per the earlier guidance.
If you are unfamiliar with navigating the IFS Cloud Aurena Client then the guide here may be helpfiul to get you started once you are in.
I hope this helps but please let us know how you get on.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi

please see the attached screen shot.

I’ve activated our CNF environment, but I’m stuck here.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @rfedorchuk .
A couple of things here.
1. It looks like you have not yet configured the mode of implementation see step 5 of the getting started guide here
This step is also covered in more detail in the documentation here 

2. In order to do that you or another user will need to be assigned the Technician role using the IFS Cloud Build Place User Management form in the Service Center. See the section on Grant or Revoke access to Build Place here 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Thanks!

I’ll look at it this morning.

I finally figured out on Friday the correct UserName/Password to get into our CFG instance.

Progress! :-)

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@ADMCUK , 

Buildplace configuration of implementation mode started by rfedorchuk@saskpower.com at Monday, Nov 7, 2022 at 03:49:51 PM (UTC).
The Buildplace activation and configuration of implementation mode will take approximately 6 to 8 hours to complete.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction… almost there!

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

HI @rfedorchuk just checking in to see how things are going were you able to make progress?