Question

What IFS Cloud projection call handles emails?

• 27 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hello,

I would like to send an email via a workflow, but there doesn’t seem to be clear documentation on what actions perform the emailing in IFS. Since Cloud has been supporting projection APIs, I’d assume that there would be a projection call to interact with the IFS Connect emailing system.

Does anyone have any information regarding this?

Thanks,
Bryan

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi Bryan,

There is no projection endpoint available in IFS Cloud to send mails. Because the use case of mail sending is mainly for outbound (from IFS Cloud to outside). But there is a PL/SQL API that you can use for send mail. 

/Udesha

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

@bdoucette You can try creating a projection configuration(a custom projection) to access the PL/SQL API Udesha talked about (I’m assuming it is COMMAND_SYS.MAIL) and accessing that projection from the workflow.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

HI @Lahirumala de Mel and @udlelk 

Unfortunately, I tried using that method. I created a projection configuration and then added a custom action of COMMAND_SYS.MAIL but nothing happened when it was called. I checked the application messages to see if it was being sent but I got no results. I set my personal email as the one to receive the email so I could confirm this wouldn’t work.

Any thoughts?

My Workflow call (I’ve used emails instead of 284 as well and nothing has happened)

My Custom Projection

Thanks,
Bryan