Question

We want IFS10 CONFIGURATION BUILDER to work on Windows 2019. Is this possible?

• 31 October 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

We want IFS10 CONFIGURATION BUILDER to work on Windows 2019 Server. Is this possible?

We have confirmed the Product Certification of IFS10.
According to this, Server Operating System supporting the Configuration Builder  is the following.
・Windows 2012 Server R2
・Windows 2016 Server

We think that should include Windows 2019 Server.

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Thanks for asking , yes it is possible using Windows 2019 Server

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Really?
I installed it on my 2019 Server, but double-clicking it does not launch the application.

Is it a Japanese OS problem? Or does Windows Update affect it?

Badge +2

>Thanks for asking , yes it is possible using Windows 2019 Server

Really ?
The Product Certification for IFS10 is as follows.

・Windows 2012 Server R2
・Windows 2016 Server

Windows 2019 Server is not listed?

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

@JerkerHultqvist 

If it doesn't work on Windows 2019 Server, would you like to it to work for the future.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

It has been added to supported platform

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

@JerkerHultqvist 
I installed it on Windows 2019 Server, but since Configuration Builder10 does not start even if I double-click it, I will register it as a bug in LCS.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

I have already given a response to the support case, but let me share some details here. The problem is that the environment did not have Internet connectivity. It has nothing to do with Windows Server 2019.

At startup, IFS Configuration Builder tries to access https://ifsdevtools.blob.core.windows.net in order to determine if any updates are available. (There is similar behavior in IFS Analyzer, too.) In general, environments are expected to have Internet connectivity. If there are security limitations, then it is recommended to give limited access to the above URL. (And DNS in order to resolve it.)

Best regards,

Ben -- IFS