Question

Translation of IFS Cloud custom fields

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hello everyone,
I have created a custom field to display in the "Customer" screen:

I also added a translation for this field:

After refreshing the language cache, the translation still does not appear: 

I also unpublished/republished... no change.

Is there any documentation to translate custom fields in the Cloud?
Thanks!

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Does this post help?  I haven’t done this yet in Cloud.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @ShawnBerk,

Thanks for the link.
Unfortunately, the documentation does not explain how to translate and set up the translation for custom fields...

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

OK, I think the setup is very similar to IEE from what I just viewed.

I assume you have then logged in using the translated language as the login language?  You didn’t mention it, so just being sure.

There is also an issue with having the additional languages loaded into Cloud that is covered in this knowledge base article.  Maybe it isn’t enabled correctly for your environment.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

I can also do it from Aurena APPS10, but it is impossible in the cloud...

Yes exactly, I am connected in English and I added a translation for my custom field in English.

My request is only about the translation of custom fields, I don't think I'm concerned by this procedure.

Thanks for your help!

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

If there’s any news on this issue, I’m also interested in finding a solution. I’m not able to get Finnish translation to work for a Custom Field in Cloud (21R2 Upd6). I tried all the unpublish/republish and refresh language cache tricks, as well as manually re-entering the translation in Text Translations page and refreshing the language component once more.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Okay, I somehow got it to work. After adding my custom field to the Purchase Orders page using Page Designer (in the global context) and publishing it, I went to “Translatable Texts” page as suggested by the Cloud documentation: https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/22r1/040_tailoring/225_configuration/200_client_configurations/350_translations_in_configurations/

There I searched for my specific field ([global].PurchaseOrders.list…..) and added my Finnish translation (NOTE: These seem to have nothing to do with the translations set in the Entity Configuration page? I guess those are just a useless relic from the old EE client design...).

After that, I refreshed the language cache and refreshed the Purchase Orders page in Chrome. It still didn’t affect my field, but then I tried once more to republish the page configuration in Page Designer, and then the correct Finnish translation appeared.

Not the most straight forward flow I would say, but atleast it’s working now...

Badge +4

Okay, I somehow got it to work. After adding my custom field to the Purchase Orders page using Page Designer (in the global context) and publishing it, I went to “Translatable Texts” page as suggested by the Cloud documentation: https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/22r1/040_tailoring/225_configuration/200_client_configurations/350_translations_in_configurations/

There I searched for my specific field ([global].PurchaseOrders.list…..) and added my Finnish translation (NOTE: These seem to have nothing to do with the translations set in the Entity Configuration page? I guess those are just a useless relic from the old EE client design...).

After that, I refreshed the language cache and refreshed the Purchase Orders page in Chrome. It still didn’t affect my field, but then I tried once more to republish the page configuration in Page Designer, and then the correct Finnish translation appeared.

Not the most straight forward flow I would say, but atleast it’s working now...

I think this is the solution. I end  up with the same issue and unpublish → publish get the translation to appear..  Thanks Tuukka..:)

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

When you export the translations how do you version control it?
 - as an example ‘Config_CONFIGCLIENT-User-sv.trs’ - do you commit it? 
  - if yes, then to which component?

and to translation to appear publish, unpublish worked for me as well :)

Badge +4

No version controlling to my knowledge. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Thank you @Nilusha for your answer.
But when we keep adding translation for custom fields how do you maintain this file? any suggestions? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hello to all,
Thank you for this information.
I was able to successfully translate my custom fields.
However I have a question: what is the purpose of the button located in the header of the "Entity configuration" screen if it is not used to translate our fields in our screens?

Thank you! 

Badge +3

Translations via the Translation command in Entity Configuration are used when custom fields are used in reports, these translations are added to the generated xml.