Question

The table IAM_LOGIN_EVENT_DETAIL_TAB - is there a cleanup routine? This is growing alarmingly

• 21 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

The table IAM_LOGIN_EVENT_DETAIL_TAB which is probably new to IFSCloud has about 4372232 (4.3 million rows and growing) and customer has been live for less than a month.

I don’t know if there is a cleanup routine for this table in the Application - if so, can you tell us what needs to be run if the above table needs a cleanup or is supposed to be cleaned up?

If you do a count in the 22R1 TECH LKP db, the total count of rows is 1143511. 

So if there is no cleanup in the Application yet, is there one in the works?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @Roy Almeida,

I checked the system parameters and scheduled database tasks, but there appears to be none that will cleanup this table. There are no appropriate methods in the Iam_Login_Event_Detail_API either. I think it is best to report this through a case so that it can be directed to R&D.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

sounds like a good idea...

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi Roy,

In 23R1 there is an API in the Default Batch Queue for IAM_EVENT_UTIL_API.CLEAR_IAM_EVENTS:

There is also a System Parameter in the Security category for - Cleanup age limit in Days for IAM Events Log.  In our environment that is set for 3 days.

Hope that helps!!

Amy

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

IAM_EVENT_UTIL_API.CLEAR_IAM_EVENTS did not have a provision to remove rows from IAM_LOGIN_EVENT_DETAIL_TAB.

It only removes/cleans up rows from

iam_login_event_tab

iam_admin_event_tab

Per the latest from R&D:

i.e. the fix is in 22R1 SU20 .

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

The JIRA link is

https://ifsdev.atlassian.net/browse/PACZSECA-5619