Question

Syntax for referencing custom enumeration in report model

• 8 November 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

I created a new report model for a custom report.  I also create a custom enumeration for a custom field in IFS IEE.  The custom enumeration is not currently part of my report model.  I’d like to add the custom enumeration as a lov for one of my report parameters.  

Following the model syntax, I’ve reference the custom enumeration “ServiceType” for my ServiceType parameter:

Syntax:

lov <String> ;

Optional. Reference to logical unit, or to a specific view, to be used for list of values.

parameter ServiceType       Text(100)                         M---L {
         default "%";
         lov     "ServiceType";

}

This deploys without issue to the database, but the Presentation Object Scanner is giving me a warning and the lov isn’t working when I use the “Order Report” to view the report.

Transfer warnings detected: 1

repC_MY_REPORT_REP
      1. SERVICE_TYPE_CFP.ENUMERATE

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

I got this to work by using enumerate instead of the lov. 

parameter ServiceType     Text(100)                        M---L {
      default   "%";
      enumerate "SERVICE_TYPE_CFP.ENUMERATE";
   }

Is there a better resource to explain report modeling features and properties other than the Tech Doc which can be sparse in sections and skips over some subjects?  I have read through what is available in the v10 Tech Doc and have reviewed some of the .report and .rdf files belonging to IFS standard operational reports.  The issue is that I’m putting all of my code in the .report file and autogenerating the .rdf file.  I see that the standard IFS reports don’t do this - the .report file is just a shell for the structure and all of the logic is written in the .rdf files.  So it’s hard to use the standard reports as samples.

I have reviewed this:   Foundation1/Development Guide/Operational Reporting/Report Modeling/Model Syntax/Model Syntax for Reports