Solved

Streams Notification missing

• 18 June 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

I have a user that never receives the numerical notification in his Streams when he is sent something. If he clicks on the Streams button, he does see the task/notice, however there is not red alert to indicate it is there. He appears to be the only user this is happening to, and I do not see anywhere in Streams that there is a config to turn the notice on or off. Any help or guidance on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

icon

Best answer by cjohnson 8 July 2020, 14:16

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

cjohnson,

Is there another person that is using the same login id (user id)?

If that person checks the streams, the count disappears as all the streams are set to read.

I've not tested this, but maybe the user has turned off all notifications:

In this case there are only two types that I want to be notified of.

Have the user open the streams. In the grey area between No Notifications and the bottom (darker grey) use RMB and activate the notifications.

Please let us know if that helped,

Steve

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@eqbstal Hello, no there is not another user logging in with that account. I did verify that he does have all of the notifications (Tasks, Subscriptions, Events, etc.) checked off. 

Oddly enough, he reported yesterday that the notifications suddenly started working. He began to see the red indicator on his Streams button. However, he noticed that no preview was available when he click the Streams button. If he navigated directly to Streams, he did see a notice, with a Stream Type of Notification. I’m not sure why the preview was unavailable. You also cannot RMB and Go To Source. It almost seems like an Event Action generated the message. I’ve attached a screen shot for reference.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

UPDATE - The issue was resolved with a restart of our server infrastructure. Additionally, there were two events that had been enabled for PO and POR line creations that were triggering notices to numerous users. I turned those two events off, and the notifications are now appearing correctly and there are no longer and miscellaneous alerts going to our user base.