Solved

Scheduling quick report for mail

• 21 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi , 

I schedule a quick report via “application Server Task’, create a task Schedule and followed the help documentation but mails never get send !! 

Background Jobs looks like running but I never receive any mail, any suggestion please …

icon

Best answer by Charith Epitawatta 28 April 2022, 09:20

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

HI @NMALKI,

Do you have the Mail Sender setup correctly? That would be the first thing to check. You can do it from Setup IFS Connect window in IEE. 

Also I noticed the Application Server Task is in ‘Processing’ state. Does this always show as processing? Ideally it should be in “Waiting” while waiting for the schedule to fire. If the application server task is stuck in processing state, try creating a new Application Server task after verifying the mail sender configuration. 

If you RMB in the application server task window, you should be able to go to application messages and see the state of the relevant application message as well.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@Charith Epitawatta Thanks for your quick reply.

I believe the Mail Sender is setup properly because I already receive notifications from custom events.

As per your suggestion I created a new Application Server, Once created it is in Status “Waiting” but once it run for the first time ==> it changes to “Processing"  and the Application Message Status is also “Processing” !

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @NMALKI,

It looks like the problem is with the application message not reaching the Finished state. Could you try this for a different report and see if the result is the same?

Also try specifying a user in the application or a valid email address for “Email sent from” field in your application server task.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@Charith Epitawatta still no luck even with another report. “Email sent From” is a valid mail address too  :( 

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @NMALKI,

Sorry about the delayed response. Were you able to get this issue resolved?

What is the UPD version you are on? I did some further digging and this appears to be a bug in IFSAPP10. It is fixed via patch ID “153502-Application messages stuck in processing state for scheduled quick reports”, which is included in UPD 9. 

If you are on a lower UPD level, please open a case and request the patch. 

Hope this helps!