Saved Search Lobbies

• 22 April 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 21 replies

Hi!
When a lobby has been created by a system administrator, each user has a possibility to make personal configuration using My elements.

When creating a new element (using My elements configuration), you can add items by the type “Add Note”, “Add Saved Search”, “Add Selection”, “Add Quick Report”, “Add Hyper Link”.

Does anyone know if the “Saved Searches” can be put in by the administrator by choosing a saves search that exist in a base profile?

The purpose is to get it into the base design of the lobby page instead of the additional personal design of a Lobby page.

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

In which client version are you expecting this behaviour?

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @Wyomi Ranasinghe Wyomi!

We have IFS Enterprise Explorer 10.8.13.0.

/Albin

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Does anyone have a response on this question? We have defined saved searches in the application with in parameters for the user to be able to do a flexible search, e.g. on inventory parts based on different combinations of parameters. The purpose is for the user to come into a certain window with a predefined saved search allowing the users to enter parameters and search.

As Albin mentions this can be done in the base profile (user defined part of the lobby) but we can’t find a way to design a lobby element the same way. Is that possible at all, and if so, how?

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

A saved search cannot be used in a regular lobby element. However it is possible to use a base profile to create a saved search, add it to a My element, include it to a lobby page and have it available for multiple users.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Unless I misunderstood the requirements, could you not create a lobby data source via a saved search, so in the example below I have a saved search called Stock By Site.

Then you create a lobby element that is a link and use the saved search data source.  When you click the link it will navigate to the screen and the user will be prompted to enter the saved search parameters.  In this way you can create as many saved search links as you want.