Solved

Roadmap suggestion for an IFS developer career path

• 6 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi there,

This is my first post on the forum, and I greatly value any guidance or suggestions from the experts here. I'm keen on pursuing a career path as an IFS system developer.

Potential roles might include:

the implementation or upgrading of a customer's business system solution. This would entail collaborating with the customer to achieve consensus on the desired business processes and then translating these into efficient working methods within the IFS ERP-suite.

About Me:

I'm an Oracle DBA with extensive PL/SQL expertise. I'm adept at creating quick reports, IFS application tasks such as administration, cloning, etc. I also have knowledge of background processing, scheduled tasks, custom events, IAL, and some experience with integration. Additionally, I'm familiar with Linux bash. C# knowledge. 

My Question:

Do you have any suggestions on where to begin? I've started by reading the technical documentation on integrations and plan to proceed with background processing, SOAP, and REST.

I truly value any guidance you can provide.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by BrianG 6 September 2023, 17:04

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Sam,

Have a look at the learning journeys in Academy since these would have the recommended courses that you might want to follow….

IFS Academy: Pages (sabacloud.com)

Regards,
Antony

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Note the link provided by @anbouk does not work for customers.  Customers refer to: