Question

Request "Screen Sharing for Debug" in CSM portal https://support.ifs.com/csm

• 6 January 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Seems that his option is not available for all customers users. 

Is this option still relevant ? if yes who in IFS should be contacted (CS ticket was closed out of support)

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Dominique Husson ,

I will answer the question on the context that you require screen sharing for on IFS Cloud Product (21R1 etc). In that case, It is a must that you are not able to investigate the issue in Build Place environment. In that scenario only, IFS Cloud team will provide you with screen sharing session for debugging.

Yes, you can use same Catalog item as well.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi @Xavier Fernando,

Thank you. My request is for an FSM 6  Managed Cloud Customer. Seems that they do not have access to this catalog option. Regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I have heard that this is accessible and only possible for IFS employees to request such. Better to check with someone from cloud operations. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Xavier Fernando,

Thank you. My request is for an FSM 6  Managed Cloud Customer. Seems that they do not have access to this catalog option. Regards,

@Dominique Husson 

The screen sharing option being discussed was originally created only for internal use to allow GSD/consulting/R&D to get access to the back-end systems, which they do not normally have. At the time of the creation of such a catalog item, there was not a single use case for a customer lead screen share that anyone could share at the time.

If you believe this should be changed, this should be done by CoS team to make this catalog item available for the public. I believe CoS should be reached with the business case of such usage.

Meanwhile, you can use the below path to create a ticket to the Cloud team to get your business requirement. 

Catalog > Support > Report Something else > Select - My issue is not listed.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Dominique Husson,

A new mechanism was introduced to collaborate from GSD to CSC. You can find more information here: https://oneifs.workplace.com/groups/161299758883747/permalink/362662962080758/

Best Regards,

Charitha