Solved

Report Rule to default logical printer

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I have created a logical printer and can select it to print a report, but my report rule isn’t doesn’t seem to be working.  the Report Format & Output window comes up and the printer that is showing is my default network printer.   If I choose ‘show all printers’ I can select the logical printer from the LOV but I want my rule to default the logical printer. 

I have created the rule for Arrival_report_rep when the contract = 120 to print to the logical printer SM_TEST.  I saw a note in the documentation that the property List parameter is PrinterAdress=

Please see attached.  

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Shelley

icon

Best answer by Charith Epitawatta 17 May 2022, 20:14

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @smelanson,

Try using the action type “Set Property” and use the “PrinterId” action property. 

I am attaching following screenshots for your reference:

Action properties
The Report Rule and the Print Dialog

Notice the printer drop down has the printer defined in the Report Rule action and it is greyed out. If you use “Set Default Property” action type instead of “Set Property”, the Print Dialog will come with the correct printer, but the user would also be allowed to change it if needed. 

You can read about Report Rules in detail here in Foundation1 Documentation:

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/040_administration/250_operational_reporting/070_report_rules/default.htm

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Thanks Charith, that worked.