Question

Report designer / Crystal Reports / Kaba clocking data

• 11 May 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi, 

My org has a kaba clocking in /out system integrated with IFS which is subsequently used in conjunction with H&S / Fire alarm reporting via Crystal Report which is using the IFS report designer Alarm report held in the system.

The Org is / has moved onto a secondary shift pattern and I am being advised that at some point overnight that the data is resetting so people who are clocking in are not showing on the report that should as they had not clocked out - however I can’t see any formulas or criteria being applied in crystal or the report designer template (admittedly I have never used report designer but the only formula fields I can see are text strings / concatenated fields).

I have spent some time running the detail overnight to see the ‘reset’ and can confirm that when I ran the report at 1am and then at 6am that there was a difference (I had some users that had not clocked out the prior day so i would expect them to still show on the report if there is no additional criteria applied)

To confirm I am validating the detail against the clocking in by employee detail in the HR Module.

What am I missing?  Is there a way to see all conditions applied within the report or is it likely that there is something set within IFS itself?

We are also on APPS9 for extra info.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @K.mitch 

Is the report is created using a standard IFS view or a custom view?

Because if its a custom view then it may be populating overnight using a background job which can cause this behaviour. 

My suggestion is to check if there is a background job running for the same purpose where it alters the data.