Solved

Quick report errors with entity instance not found

• 25 November 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Apps 10

A user has reported that when he tries to print a highlighted tool request in the Tools Request screen, it fails with this msg:

But the report is OK, because if I try to run it, it works correctly and produces the report on the screen.
I am assuming it is a permissions issue, but I have hunted around various permission sets, and cannot see what controls the access to run this or any other quick report. I have tried using the debug console, but nothing at all is written there when this user tries to run it.

Where does the access for users to run any quick report and then a specific report get set in Apps 10 please? This is not being scheduled as a background job, it should appear in the screen directly after choosing the Print Highlighted… option with the right mouse button. Thanks

icon

Best answer by Charith Epitawatta 25 November 2022, 19:15

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @JustinJ,

When a Quick Report is created, a Presentation Object is created which corresponds to the report. You can find the Presentation Object if you query for the report in “Create New Quick Report” form. In order to grant the privilege to execute this report, you have to grant this Presentation Object to Permission Sets.

You can grant this Presentation Object from “New Permission Set” form.  But a convenient way would be to click on the Publish link in Create New Quick Report form, if the Quick Report is of SQL type. This will grant the report to all the Permission Sets where the database objects used in the quick report are granted.

If the Report is already published but the user still cannot execute the report or if the report is not SQL type, then you may need to manually grant the report from New Permission Set form.

Hope this helps!