Solved

Quick Report (Crystal Report) is not displaying any data

• 15 January 2020
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I have created a Quick Report (Crystal Report) that has a parameter @OrderNo.

Next I created a custom menu on the Customer Order screen that maps the parameter: 

Source = ORDER_NO 

Destination:  @OrderNo

On doing RMB and selecting the custom menu the @OrderNo parameter is displaying the Order No for the Customer Order that was in view at the time which is what I expected.  However, when the report is displayed no data is being displayed.

If I run the report in Crystal Reports and enter the Order No the report displays data.

I have tried selecting View on the Quick Report and entering the Order No in the parameter field and again no data is being displayed.

Any ideas?

John

icon

Best answer by Banu Liyanapathirana 15 January 2020, 14:52

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @johnw66,

Have you added CR_WEB_INIT when you are designing the report? 

If not, please add it to the report and retry.

Hope this will help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Have you setup CR_WEB_INIT in this layout?

By default crystal quick reports connect to db using IFSSYS user. Can you login to crystal developer using IFSSYS user and check whether you see the same issue? 

If that is the case, you would need to setup security CR_WEB_INIT in your crystal layout. For this refer to our technical documentation section .../050_development/026_br_and_a/005_adhoc_reporting/080_dev_crep/005_cr_as_quickreport/020_cr_wb_init/default.htm

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@Banu Liyanapathirana  So sorry, I was prompted to add this yesterday but failed to locate the CRYSTAL_WEB_UTIL_API in the data source connections tree.  Neither was the CR_WEB_INIT?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@Banu Liyanapathirana I have finally located it, please ignore me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@Rusiru logging in as IFSSYS in Crystal Reports and running the report no data is displayed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Yes then it should be due to missing the CR_WEB__INIT as Banu specified. Please add it correctly and test that should work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@Rusiru CR_WEB_INIT had been added to the report when logged in as IFSAPP.   If I try creating a report when logged in as IFSSYS.  After adding ACCOUNT to Selected Tables I located CR_WEB_INIT and on trying to add the IFS_WEB_USER login was displayed which Set to Null checked.  I left this and clicked OK but on doing so the following message was displayed:

Failed to retrieve data from the database.

Details: ORA-20106: CrystalWebUtil.NOACCESS: You do not have privileges to use the “Crystal_Web_Util_API.Cr_Web_Init” operation for “Crystal Web Util”.

What user should be used when creating Crystal Reports?  And, is this the reason no data is being displayed even though CR_WEB_INIT was added to the report created logged in as IFSAPP?

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

You can use IFSAPP to create the layout. I mentioned IFSSYS only for testing.

Try developing the layout login as IFSAPP and the CR_WEB_INIT properly as described on the documentation. Let us know the outcome. I have previously seen no data found error when the view used has row based security and CR_WEB_INIT not properly set (so ot tries to get data as IFSSYS)

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Try giving company and site access to the system default user accounts… 

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Try giving company and site access to the system default user accounts… 

That is not the correct way of handling security.

You can control the security by adding CR_WEB_INIT to the layout. Also, you have to set the ‘Specify if web database access security check is required’ system parameter to YES in order to enable the security check.