Process to "decommission" Yellow Sticky Notes - prep for Cloud

• 13 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

We are Apps10 customers and my users are very heavy users of the Yellow Sticky Note.  Need to remember to follow up with a customer on a urgent order - put in the Yellow Sticky Note.  They create new notes every day.

As far as I know - that data essentially “vanishes” when we go live with IFS Cloud.  The information is no longer available and there is no way for the users to access the data stored there.  Since my users currently use the Sticky Note to track critical information, I need a plan to basically force my users to stop using the Yellow Sticky Notes as part of my Cloud upgrade plan.

Is there a way we could change access to Yellow Sticky Notes to be read only?  This way, while we are still in Apps10, users can continue to reference information already in the Yellow Notes, but stop users from creating any NEW data in the Sticky Notes?

My thought process is - I can’t stop them from losing historic sticky note data, but I can at least stop them from creating new information well before our Cloud implementation.  That way, when we go live with Cloud, they won’t lose any current / actionable info.

Or - has anyone come up with a better plan on how to move users off Yellow Sticky Notes in a way that they don’t suddenly lose access as part of Cloud go live?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @jhooperyan ,

I’m not sure of a way to allow the sticky notes to be read only.  We actually went cold turkey and removed the permissions so users couldn’t get to the sticky notes.  We directed users to RMB on a form and choose Notes to enter there notes.  Yes,  we had some upset users but we had tried for months to get them use the RMB and choose Notes and they wouldn’t do it so management announced on a certain date sticky notes would no longer be available in IFS Application 10 and we changed the permissions the previous evening so upon arriving in the morning they were disabled.

The article below will let you know what to change in the FND_ENDUSER to enable or disable the sticky notes.

Regards,

William Klotz