Question

Printing document attachments when another form is printed

• 19 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hello,

I am attempting to have specific attachments that have been added to the customer order, get printed when the shipment delivery note is printed. 

In order to achieve this, I have added an object connection to the shipment LU, and made an object connection transformation to link the customer order attachments and the shipment’s. The changes I have made work, and whatever attachment I add to a customer order, get transferred into the shipment for that customer order.

The only thing I have to do now is create a workflow to trigger the printing of these attachments when the shipment delivery note gets printed. 

What is the best way to approach this? I have created a workflow that grabs the document list for the current shipment, which feeds into a loop/subtask that checks if this document has a document class value of 140 or 150, if it does, it prints this.

I am not the most familiar with workflow lists, so I’m not sure if I’m feeding the list properly, but this is what my workflow looks like.

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bryan

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

One thing to mention is that, I am considering using a report rule from the report rule engine. If this is the better way to approach this, please let me know.

Thanks,
Bryan