Solved

Print to Local Print with Aurena

• 12 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi, 

I’m trying to figure out how to print to a local printer from IFS Aurena and APPS 10.  When I try to print from Aurena and choose the printer dropdown I can only see printers setup in IFS.  None of my local printers are available in the dropdown.  However, when I try the same process in IEE my local printers are available as well as the printers installed in IFS.  

Probably an easy answer I should know but can anyone help provide an answer please?

Best Regards.

icon

Best answer by Kasun Balasooriya 12 April 2022, 20:06

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @cjones_saab ,

You need to install Aurena agent to access the local printers from Aurena. Aurena agent can be found under add-ons in the IFS Applications landing page.  (See below) 

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks,

Kasun

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Thank you Kasun.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi Again,

I was able to install the Arena agent and now the local printers are available but only in Chrome. The local printers are not available in MS Edge.  Is that normal behavior that Aurena agent only works with Chrome? From the IFS Add On page it only references Chrome so perhaps this is correct. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

HI @cjones_saab ,

I hope you are using chromium based edge. If so, please install the chrome extension in Edge and the functionality should work in Edge too.

Thanks,

Kasun

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

I got it to work.  I had to visit the Chrome Store while using MS Edge and install the Aurena Agent.  

Thank you for the help Kasun.

Chris