Solved

Print Agent Error - Unable to connect

• 12 October 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

All, 

What is causing this error?  Our version is APPS 10 UPD 8

2021-10-12 14:28:44,949   1 ERROR [Framework] ifs.fnd.printingnode.RemotePrintingNode.handleAPException(): Unable to connect to 'https://ifstest.@@@@@@@.com:443/int/compatibility/clientgateway'. sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Srikanth 12 October 2021, 23:55

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Client gateway errors are usually related to Database connection. Did you change any IFS* System user passwords? Any changes with regards to the SSL certificate? 

Can you please try reconfiguring the IFS application and see if this resolves the issue?

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hello Srikanth, 

It looks like the SSL certificate was updated.  I have run a reconfiguration of the IFS application and the condition still exists.  Do I need to reinstall the Print Agent?

Thanks

Mark 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @brantmb,

Have you re-installed the IFS Print agent after the UPD 8 installation? if not, A fresh installation of IFS Print Agent using the updated print agent zip media should resolve this issue. Could you please give it a try?

Cheers!

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Yes, that will be the next step.

Please reinstall Print Agent using the newly generated Print Agent installatipn files from the reconfiguration and see if this resolves the issue. This should include the new cert file.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hello Srikanth, 

Does the dot Net Print Agent support ZPL?   That appears to be the only option.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hello Srikanth, 

I was able to locate the java Print Agent in the home directory/folder.  Re-installing the Print Agent with the new certificate resolved the issue. 

Thanks

Mark 

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Yes, the JAVA based installation is available under Old Agent folder inside runtime directory. 

Also, here is an old post related to Print Agent ZPL support -

Glad your issue has been resolved!