Question

Preventing PDF_Report_Created event action sending email when a Purchase Order Work Copy is printed

• 16 January 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +2
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 1 reply

Hi,

We have recently upgraded to IFS 10 (UPD14).

We have an Event Action configured to email suppliers a copy of the Purchase Order PDF when it is printed, using the system defined PDF_REPORT_CREATED event.

We have noticed that when our users print a “Work Copy” of the purchase order, it is causing this event action to fire and sending the supplier an additional copy of the purchase order.  

We would like to prevent the Event Action from firing when a user orders a “Work Copy” of the Purchase Order.

I have tried looking at the Conditions for performing this action to see if I can use the “Report_Parameters” to do this.

• When the Purchase Order is printed, the report parameter PUR_ORDER_PRINT_OPTION = Order
  • When the Purchase Order is printed, the report PUR_ORDER_PRINT_OPTION = Order Work Copy

I believe the PUR_ORDER_PRINT_OPTION is the last data element of the report parameter, so I have tried putting this in the conditions section like below. This does not work (I think because the report parameters are not a string).

Is there a way to achieve this using conditions on report_parameters?

Or has anyone got a different way to achieve this? 

Thanks,

Ashley

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

This is a continuous problem really with the way this event works.

We’ve only been able to work around it by making sure that all users don’t print a work copy, rather they email a copy to themselves or better yet, use print preview and then save a copy if needed.

It is the printing of the PDF going to the report archive that makes the unavoidable issue of the secondary email to the supplier (or however many times it occurs).  We haven’t found a way either to separate this so that only the first real printing of the PO gets sent and not subsequent prints or worse the work copies.

The auto pdf send event is useful and a time saver, but also is a big headache because it doesn’t have enough control levers to narrow how you want to use it.