Solved

Permission Set/User Role differences and similarities between Aurena and Enterprise Explorer.

• 21 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I’m looking into creating permission sets for Aurnea Users, but am unsure of what has to be done in IFS Enterprise Explorer, or what has to be done through Aurnea only, and if there is any overlap in functionality. I’m looking for a general understating of what is Aurena specific, IFS EE specific, and what actions in regards to permission sets apply to both client types. I have outlined some of my questions below:

1. Is the permission setting of Projections and pages for Aurnea done strictly in Aurnea, or is there some aspect of it that needs to be done in IFS EE. Can I setup permission sets for Aurnea only users without using IFS EE? If not what has to be done in IFS EE?
  1. If I allow a user Full access to an Aurnea Projection/page (through a permission set) does it permit the same access to the Enterprise Explorer page? (ex: Change Orders in Aurnea, and in EE).
  1. Is there some way to grant universal CRUD access for users to both Aurnea and EE at the database level? ex. Allowing a user to delete a Change Order regardless of in Aurena or EE.
icon

Best answer by Sajith D 21 January 2021, 22:50

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

HI @ChaMylesC ,

My understanding is the only overlap between Aurena and Enterprise Explorer is on the database objects.  The permissions to access the screens is completely separate where Aurena uses Projections  and Enterprise Explorer uses Presentation Objects.  So giving a user access to Aurena screens would not provide that user access to the same screens in Enterprise Explorer.

We are slowly creating all new permission sets just for Aurena and assigning them to users as we want them to begin using Aurena.  We are doing this because when we upgrade to a version beyond IFS 10 we won’t keep the Enterprise Explorer permission sets we’ll just keep the Aurena.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @ChaMylesC ,

My thoughts on the questions would be as follows,

1. Yes. you can do your entire security setup for Aurena using the pages in the security sub section in Aurena Solution Managed. You would not need to go back to IEE for this. 
  2. Due to the fundamental difference in how Aurena and IEE works, setting up Aurena access will not do anything for the IEE forms. You would need to setup access for IEE separately using IEE solution manager.
  3. This will once again need to be done separately for Aurena and IEE due to the differences in how CRUD access is handled in the two clients.

Cheers!