Question

Oracle 19c Apps 9

• 25 August 2020
  • 8 replies

Badge +2

Hey All,

Is anyone running Apps 9 with Oracle 19c?

Supported Platforms says Planned Update 16 but https://community.ifs.com/customer-news-announcements-restricted-to-customers-partners-72/oracle-database-support-changes-impact-for-customers-operating-ifs-apps-9-1109 says it is supported from Update 16 onwards.

Thanks

Jon

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

One of my clients have upgraded their Oracle DB to 19.3 after installing UPD16.

The IFS Supported Platforms page isn’t always updated as often as your would like to see.

It was Last updated: 2019-06-03

Badge +2

One of my clients have upgraded their Oracle DB to 19.3 after installing UPD16.

The IFS Supported Platforms page isn’t always updated as often as your would like to see.

It was Last updated: 2019-06-03

Thanks have they seen any problems?

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

They haven’t come across any issues within IFS but ran into few issues with the Oracle upgrade/migration.

Nothing major as these issues were uncovered and resolved during the test upgrade phase.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

We are running Oracle 12.1 standard and plan to apply UD17 to our APPS9. Do I need to upgrade Oracle to 12.2 in order to move to 19c or will my Oracle 12.1 with UD17 applied allow me to upgrade to Oracle 19C enterprise?

If I upgrade to Oracle 19 - which version should I move to?

Our plans are to spin up a new oracle server with Oracle 19 Enterprise then export import data from existing instances.

What approach is best when moving from Oracle 12.1 Standard to Oracle 19C

Truly appreciate your feedback.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

We are running Oracle 12.1 standard and plan to apply UD17 to our APPS9. Do I need to upgrade Oracle to 12.2 in order to move to 19c or will my Oracle 12.1 with UD17 applied allow me to upgrade to Oracle 19C enterprise?

If I upgrade to Oracle 19 - which version should I move to?

Our plans are to spin up a new oracle server with Oracle 19 Enterprise then export import data from existing instances.

What approach is best when moving from Oracle 12.1 Standard to Oracle 19C

Truly appreciate your feedback.

Did you complete your upgrade testing to 19c? how did you tackle this? Interested to know, as we are looking to move from 12.1.0.2 to 19.3 (We are already on the required Upg 16, soon to move to 17).

Badge +15

Hi @wheelerjuk ,

As per IFS R&D platform related notes for APP9, below oracle 19 versions supports from UPD16 onwards.

Regards

Manoj

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

“Did you complete your upgrade testing to 19c? how did you tackle this? Interested to know, as we are looking to move from 12.1.0.2 to 19.3 (We are already on the required Upg 16, soon to move to 17).”

we have not done anything with Oracle due to failed UD17 attempts.

Still under review as far as next steps.

Will keep you posted on our findings.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

we are moving forward with Oracle Enterprise 19c as we are completing APPS 9 UD17

IFS Support was very instrumental in assisting us.

So we have a 3 -part update/Build/Update process where we are applying UD17 as well as moving our MWS to new Windows 2019 servers.

As we look to export/import database items from 12c to 19c - has anyone encountered issues using the Oracle export/import capability?

Thx a bunch.