Question

Mandatory Fields not Working in Aurena?

• 25 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi,

This is in UPD9. I have made the Document number field mandatory at Document Revision window in Aurena using Page Designer settings (just like below) and I published the changes.

However, when creating a new record, system highlights the Document Number field as Mandatory but it allows to the save record without entering a value on Document Number field.

System allocates a number automatically. It should have ideally prompted an error message.

Has anyone experienced this issue before? Please advise.

Thank you

Regards

Nimesh

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @nimesh,

Checked this in one of our core environments and the issue is there too. Followed the same steps and changed the required field of ‘Document No’ to ‘True’ but the application lets you save the record even without filling the field.

The reason behind could be that, in the DocumentRevisionHandling.projection file, the Document No is explicitly set to required = false.

attribute DocNo Text {      label = "Document No";      required = [false];   }

However, you can create a case and get a better explanation from the RnD Team or hopefully, a fix!

Hi @Himasha Abeywickrama  Thank you for the reply. So, is this a limitation in Aurena that you cannot make fields mandatory unlike IEE? Please confirm.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @nimesh

You can certainly make fields mandatory just like in IEE. But in this case, Document No cannot be set to mandatory. You can try to make the ‘Notes’ field mandatory in ‘Inventory Part’ window and it will work without any issues. The record would not let you save the new record without filling the Notes field.

The Save button gets enables when you start typing on the Notes field

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi @Himasha Abeywickrama @nimesh,

When we do a configuration through page designer, we do not enforce a change in the entity level. We only change client metadata. Therefore, in the required attribute of this particular field is still ‘required = false’ in the entity level. You only change the page metadata through page artifact (In this case you make the ‘Document No’ a required field for the ‘Document Container Group’ only).

If you observe the network call of loading metadata after making the field required, you will see that this field will be required = true only for that group.

But not in the entity level.

As far as I know, in this multifield edit mode this validation happens in the client side; you should not get the Save button until you filled out the fields indicated with a red backdrop. But as you pointed out in this case, it doesn’t work as expected. Therefore, it seems like it has broken something specifically in this page.

Better if you create a case for RnD as Himasha pointed out.

Hi @Himasha Abeywickrama and @Odatha Bandara  Thanks a lot both of you for your clarification. I will then raise a ticket for R&D.