Solved

Long running call: GetCountAttachments

• 21 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi, does anyone face issues related to long running calls slowing down IFS?

It was working fine for a while but since several weeks, we start noticing some long running calls related to the Method GetCountAttachments from the package ObjectConnectionServices.

We are on APP10 upd 13 and did not move our UPD for more than a year.

We are on full standard and only do change on the customization layer.

We only use the following modules: Finance, Project, HR, Procurement, Sales, Document Management.

I do not know where to search for this method and or to what it’s related.

Any help will be welcome, Thanks. 

icon

Best answer by Amila Samarasinghe 27 April 2023, 16:41

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @ludovic.rougean 

This call is getting generated whenever there are documents connected to objects and this call will fetch the number of documents connected to the given object and show it in the attachment panel. 

If you have lot of documents with “Restricted access” field enabled, then this call will take time to fetch data. As I know, product development team is currently working on a fix to optimize this.

BR,

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

First of all, thank you for taking the time to answer my question. We do not use Restricted Access, only 1 document has got it, but your message confirms the problem is related to the document management. Actually I just got the info that this day an employee attached 146 documents to an invoice, that maybe triggered this issues...