Solved

Login Issue

• 11 August 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

This is a IFS 9 instance and we are using SSO.  This is only happening to 1 user.

I have a user who gets the following error when trying to log into IFS after he clicks the IFS Explorer from the web page. 

Ifs.Fnd.FndSystemException: Explorer: A fatal error occurred. Application will terminate. Sorry for any inconvenience. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: String reference not set to an instance of a String.

Parameter name: name

at System.Globalization.CultureInfo..ctor(String name, Boolean useUserOverride)

at Ifs.Fnd.ApplicationRuntime.Core.FndApplication.InitializeLanguage(String locale)

at Ifs.Fnd.ApplicationRuntime.Core.FndApplication.StartupApplication()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

When user clicks close on error screen it doesn’t even send him to the screen to allow him to log on manually.  

We have tried removing his 2.0 folder under his profile, clearing history in browser, multiple browsers and rebooting machine.  Still same results.   Looking for suggestions or a way to force the login screen to appear so he can manually login.  

icon

Best answer by Dumeesha Wanigarathna 11 August 2021, 16:13

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @mfernandez ,

I noticed  similar error for one of customer was solved by the below steps. However the customer is APP8. You may try.

Clear the content inside the following folders in client PC.
C:\Users\<user_id>\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0

And 

C:\Users\<user_id>\AppData\Local\IsolatedStorage

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @mfernandez,

If clearing the .Net cache did not work, then please try re-installing the .Net runtime on the problematic user’s machine. 

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Is it safe to delete this folder?

When I googled to learn more I saw several people saying not to delete contents under folder.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Is it safe to delete this folder?

When I googled to learn more I saw several people saying not to delete contents under folder.

Hi @mfernandez  It is safe to remove it. i have done it many times.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Deleting contents under the C:\Users\<user_id>\AppData\Local\IsolatedStorage

Fixed the issue.  Thanks for the suggestion, much appreciated.